Truck Driver Job Description
Full Time/40 hour Position, Permanent
Monday thru Friday (Hours vary depending on need)
Saturdays & Sundays as needed
Depends on experience & education
- Ability to participate in the Retirement Plan the first of the New Year after completing 1000 hours with up to a 3% Employer Match
- Ability to participate in the Company’s Health Insurance Plan with 25% of the single person policy cost covered by Thomas Excavating
- 40 hours paid vacation after one year of employment
- 80 hours paid vacation after five consecutive years of employment
- Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s Day as paid holidays
- Strong Driving Background (3-5 years experience)
- Clean and Valid NYS Driver’s License, Class B CDL Required, Class A Preferred
- Must be able to pass a drug & alcohol screening test at anytime
- Must be able to pass a New York State Department of Transportation Physical.
- Must be able to stand, rake, dig, sit, stoop, kneel for an extended period of time
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds unassisted
- Must sign Confidentiality Agreement
- Must sign Non-Compete Agreement
- Transport equipment to and from job sites
- Hand pick garbage and recyclables from both residential and commercial accounts.
- Operate a Front Load, Side Load, Roll Off and/or Dump Truck as needed.
- Maintenance of Weekly Route Sheets
- Interaction with customers such as but not limited to telephone and/or face to face contact.
- Possible collection of monies due from customer and delivering monies received daily to office staff.
- Track amounts of garbage removed from individual accounts.
- Track fuel usage, miles traveled and number of trips to transfer sites and or landfill.
- Be able to work exposed to all weather elements (rain, sleet, snow, hail, heat, cold, wind,etc)
- Operate equipment on job site as needed
- Operation of company vehicles and equipment as needed.
- Keep equipment clean
- Repair & regular maintenance equipment as needed
- Keep mechanic informed of any repairs or work needed on vehicles & equipment
- Maintain required logs (Repair & Maintenance Logs)
- Maintain a safe and clean work area
- Follow Worker’s Compensation recommendations and OSHA requirements for work site safety.
- In inclement weather operate snow removal trucks & equipment as needed as well as shoveling snow as needed.
- Fill in as Laborer or Equipment Operator as needed on job sites (during which time the Job Duties of that position are also then applied)
- Maintain weekly time sheet for payroll
- Participate in random drug & alcohol screening without advance warning
- Keep current on OSHA & workplace safety information
- Attend seminars & classes as requested
- Running errands as needed
- All other duties as requested by management not listed above.
Any person accepting this position must understand in the event of a non-work related injury or impairment Thomas Excavating, LLC does not offer any “light duty” job duties. In the event that you experience any physical impairment you must remain off work until cleared by a doctor to return to full duty. During this time off you may use any available vacation hours but once exhausted the time off is unpaid and the employee will be responsible for the full cost of any benefits such as health insurance premiums. Short term disability is available for those meet the qualifications.